1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Butch Davis fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pancamo, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Re: Butch Davis fired?

So that's more authoritative than the school confirming it via press release?

2. mb

mb Active Member

But it was on the internet!

/my bad

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

How AD Dick Baddour wasn't fired today for not firing Butch last September when this mess went down with John Blake is beyond me.

UNC just raised the white flag. They have conceded the 2011 season. Enjoy getting your asses handed to you.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So now Duke may own them in football too. Hilarious.

5. Don't be too quick to write off their season. They have a veteran team, a talented (if relatively untested) QB, a schedule conducive to 8 wins, and last year they rallied around the whole mess when they didn't know week to week who would be available to play.

This year, they'll know. Us against the world is a very good motivator in football. And it's likely the interim coach is already on staff, so no schemes will change. I'll predict 8 wins right now, without even beating a good team.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Just because Baddour wasn't fired today doesn't mean he won't be eventually. Tennessee's AD lasted about three months after Bruce Pearl got bounced.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Sam Mills couldn't be happier if Genesis started a reunion tour in his kitchen.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Can Mike Leach be in place in just over a month? :D

9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

About. Damn. Time.

Signed, an alumnus.

P.S., It's long past time for Dickie to go, too.

10. franticscribe

How was Baddour not fired for screwing up the Bill Guthridge replacement search? How was Baddour not fired for royally screwing up the Matt Doherty replacement search, before Dean fixed it all? How was Baddour not fired for royally screwing up the Mack Brown situation? How was Baddour not fired for screwing up the search for Brown's replacement? How was Baddour not fired for letting Frank Beamer whore out UNC for a raise from Virginia Tech? How was Baddour not fired for standing by Anson Dorrance during the sexual harassment lawsuit that ended up costing the university $400,000+?

Get back to me when you have answers to those questions and then I might be able to explain why he wasn't fired today.

11. franticscribe

Judge Ross took over as system president in January. If this was coming from him, it would've been done back in the late winter, early spring. Chancellor Thorp has been at the helm in Chapel Hill for a couple of years, and at this point, I'd be awfully happy if his was a short tenure.

The new Board of Trustees for Chapel Hill took control this month. I suspect that's where this originated.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The only thing wrong with this is the timing: Davis should have canned long ago. Badour should follow. Davis is an outlaw and Badour a fool.

Draft saved Draft deleted