1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

But they work so hard!!!!!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by statrat, Aug 31, 2007.

1. statrat

statrat Member

Been running running my prep sports previews this week and got my first of the "cheerleaders have been working really hard this last couple of weeks they deserve a preview too!" emails today. I can only hope it is also the last. This could be a long year.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Don't give in. DON'T. DO. IT.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Remember, the band works hard too. So does the chain crew and the guy who runs the scoreboard.

And with that. It's post No. 1,000. I worked hard to get to this milestone. ;D

4. statrat

statrat Member

Oh I won't. I'm not even replying. Irrational cheer parents are a can of worms best left unopened.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You might as well mention this to a higher up, though, and recommend against it. If you don't reply to these parents, they're bound to go over your head sooner or later.

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Good advice. Get the higher ups aware of this first, because it's hard to fight it after the squeaky wheel gets to them.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Say something like...

Yeah, works hard on the quarterback's cock...

I'm sure they'd love that response...

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Truthfully, I would tell them that when they're competing in something, you'd LOVE to get something in the paper...

That will buy you a couple months...

9. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

I just let out a very audible chortle in a very quiet office.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A preview would be a joke, but it might be a decent feature writing about everyone else who gets back into the swing before school starts to support the football teams.

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

By Statrat
    Bumhole Gazette

BUMHOLE -- The Bumhole High cheerleading squad has busily readied itself for the upcoming season my learning the name of their school, the mascot and how to form a pyramid.

Suzie Weakknees, the bubbly, brunette senior captain of this year's team, said the Muscrats are excited to show their stuff to disinterested fans this year.

"We've been practicing really hard this summer. We went to camp at East Bumhole State University and we won the 'Most Spirited Class C Co-Ed Team Award," Weakknees said. "We've got spirit. Yes, we do. We've got spirit. How about you?"

After cheering for the football team at Friday night's game against Fnord High, Weakknees and the rest of the cheerleading squad will be celebrating another successful night of chanting "BHS is the best, B H S, better than the rest. YES!" by parking at inspiration point with the quarterback, linebackers, running backs and wide receivers early Saturday morning. They will then slip into their warmup t-shirts and hold a charity car wash and bake sale at the corner of Main Street and Second Avenue in the Autozone parking lot.

12. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

I think you should run a special section on cheerleaders.

Draft saved Draft deleted