1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

But she ain't messing with no broke wiggers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Sep 21, 2017.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

UNH Sorority Investigated for Singing N-Word in Kanye West 'Gold Digger' Video

Some people are pissed because white sorority girls were taped singing along to "Gold Digger" by Kanye, even saying *gasp* the n-word.

Sorry, but I love that song and I sing along to that part, too. I also sing along when Guns N Roses sings it on "One in a Million."

That's right, get out of my way.

It's a song, for chrissakes. They're having fun with it. People are so freaking touchy sometimes.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

There's racist. And then there's singing along with rap songs. They are not the same thing. Cripes. Agreed. Should white people not be allowed to listen to rap songs that say ni**a? This is ridiculous.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

With the exception of Eminem, "broke" and "wigger" is redundant.

CD Boogie likes this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Someone's been visiting the "Catcher in the Rye" thread.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

In "Dear White People," one of the central incidents that drives the entire first season is just such an occasion, a white dude singing the n-word along to a rap song while standing next to a black dude who takes exception. You guys have to watch that series.

Also this really needs to be on the microaggressions/safe spaces thread.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

THIS

Also, this was the basis of an episode of Blackish, where the 8 year old (black) kid sang this during the talent show, and the white staff at his hoity toity prep school were aghast.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Good God, if they had recordings of me singing along to Run the Jewels in my car, I'd be in deep shit.

Cosmo likes this.
  9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

You're a real prince.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Wait, these are white girls, right? And they're in a sorority? And we're really arguing whether they should be punished? Surely that can't be controversial ... I would think that the only question is whether only two punches would be sufficient. I'd probably draw the line at either three punches or twenty lashes ... except for those wearing hoop earrings. Then it's BOTH punches AND lashes.

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Was the girl near a restaurant window?

doctorquant likes this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

As a coworker once said, "the bigger the hoop, the bigger the whore."

This word is in that F You song as well. I sang it once while I was out, without thought and while mimicking the karaoke singer, and the black guy next to me was not amused.

Draft saved Draft deleted