1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buster Sports?

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by bdubs14, Jul 17, 2009.

1. bdubs14

bdubs14 New Member

I would have posted this under the original thread on the Freelance/stringer help wanted board, but it's locked.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone knows what's going on at Buster Sports. Is Andrew Jones still the man to contact? I sent in my application on June 17 and he responded back on June 23 saying he was reviewing applicants.

Since then, I've sent three emails to Mr. Jones in hopes of figuring out what's happening, but I haven't heard anything. I'd even be fine with a response stating they've picked someone else, but not knowing what's going on is tough.

So, I thought I'd throw up a post here seeing if anyone has inside knowledge of the situation. Perhaps Mr. Jones has been on a long vacation? I have no idea ... just grasping for answers here. Thanks for any help!

2. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

Never saw the first ad on Buster Sports.

3. YaBBforum

YaBBforum Member

from what i understand they got more than 200 resumes (presumably for all the various conferences) and andrew had to take a week off in early July. i imagine they're still in the middle of it, and wouldn't even worry about it for another week ... be cool.

4. AndrewJones

AndrewJones New Member

I'd like to apologize for some of the confusion several of you have experienced.

The last few weeks have not been easy, as I took a week off - my few days off this offseason - and then two weeks ago had major throat surgery of which I am still recovering. I have tried my best to respond to each and every one of you, but that has been quite difficult over the last few weeks. Each of you deserves a prompt response and I haven't been able to provide that after the first two weeks of this process.

As for the positions advertised, the Buster brass is still going through the resumes and clips. I have absolutely no idea what they plan on doing nor do I have a time table for when they will make decisions. I wish I could tell you more, but I simply don't have the information. I know they wanted to scout who might be available and then go from there. My role ended after going through the resumes and making some recommendations.

Again, I apologize for any confusion, including missing time with the sugery. It wasn't something I planned for. I went into the doctor's one day and was under the knife a few days later.

Please give me some time to get back into the groove and fnd out what the brass is doing and I will then respond to every e-mail sent me way.

- Andrew

Draft saved Draft deleted