1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Business writers: Baltimore

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ed_w, Jul 5, 2007.

1. ed_w

ed_w New Member

It's not sports, but I'm casting a wide net here.

(And I'm claiming special dispensation as a former sports editor and a long-time lurker and some-time poster here.)

The Daily Record, Baltimore's business and legal newspaper, is looking for aggressive, creative reporters to cover two of our premier beats--development/real estate and finance/energy. These jobs are open because one reporter was hired by The New Orleans Times-Picayune and another is taking a top communications post in state government. Candidates should have at least two years of experience and know how to compete against major metropolitan dailies like The Baltimore Sun and The Washington Post. A six-day-a-week A.M. paper with a circulation of about 5,000, we are part of the growing Dolan Media Co., which, operates 60 print publications in 19 markets. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and, more important, a chance to do great work in a great atmosphere against great competition. Send cover letter, resume and no more than six clips by e-mail to ed.waldman@mddailyrecord.com or by regular mail to Ed Waldman, Managing Editor/Business, The Daily Record, 11 E. Saratoga St., Baltimore, MD 21202.

2. ed_w

ed_w New Member

Only bump I'll do for this.

3. Editude

Editude Active Member

I saw a listing for this that said the pay was in the low 30s. That's kind of light for a fairly expensive metro (although the Sun doesn't pay that well either).

4. ed_w

ed_w New Member

We listed the salary as $30K to $35K.

But knowing what good negotiators business journalists are (and journalists in general, for that matter), we had to set a lower starting point!

Draft saved Draft deleted