1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush's farewell speech

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by rico_the_redneck, Nov 16, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I shudder to think about the his "less informed" readers.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Rag Heads and Russkies?

This was printed where, exactly?

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I have the feeling "Sadie" (or the author) plucked a chain email off the inter-newt, reworked it a little, and submitted it. Oy.

4. If someone finds the chain email it originated from, please post it and I'll send a letter to the editor of all these papers. I guess that'd be the thing to do? Think he'd get in trouble?

My wife read the column and she said it looked like one of those chain emails, but I didn't think someone would actually have the gall to print it in a column like this. The managing editor of the paper I got this from is just as nuts as this guy, but he writes his own stuff.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Either that, or James Studdard is Norman Podhoretz's pseudonym.

6. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

My next column is going to be on an imprisoned Nigerian prince.

7. Suburban
    Smaller suburban counties around Atlanta.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Here's one:

http://www.henryherald.com/

He's got a few stories under that byline. And as to whether or not this originated in some slightly different form online, there's this from his lede:

I have taken the liberty of paraphrasing and taking some literary license.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I would pay to read that.

There's not nearly enough coverage of that atrocity.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

If you give me your bank account number, this can be arranged. I will only deduct a minimal fee for reading the column, and you shall be rewarded 10 times over once my assets are unfrozen.

11. So does that mean he at least gets a free pass on plagiarizing from what looks to be a chain email obviously started by some evangelical reverend who will show up in the papers with a gay prostitute any day now?

12. This thread title broke my heart.
    I've been away from news all day.

Draft saved Draft deleted