1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush's Book

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Nov 8, 2010.

1. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

I eagerly await a Doris Kearns Goodwin reference.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This book just shot to the top of the wish list for Cooks Source editor Judith Griggs.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Boston -- home of plagiarists.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Most people have no idea why Joe Biden just left the room...

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Bush is catching up to Clinton. When you factor in eBooks, he's only 25,000 behind after the first week:

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The audio book edition is read by the author.

7. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Big Gov's take on the plagiarism talk..
    http://bigjournalism.com/dloesch/2010/11/12/irony-alert-accused-plagiarist-arianna-huffington-accuses-bush-of-plagiarizing-his-own-words/

8. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

So instead of addressing the claims, Doucheturd Breitbart's site just lists past instances of Democrats being accused of plagiarism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

I now point you to the "Attacking the Messenger" portion of the link I provided. Have many Republicans simply never taken a logic class? They are simply awful at making effective arguments.

9. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Sec, actually the Big Gov story did explain that a person cannot commit plagiarism by quoting his own words, but I do see what you mean. It was buried at the end after the majority of it was about HuffPost's issues.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying, but I think election results show otherwise. They realize they aren't making arguments that would hold up in a graduate philosophy course. But they aren't aiming at that crowd. Ad hominem arguments and so forth work very well on John Q. Public.

Draft saved Draft deleted