1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush's Book

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Nov 8, 2010.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Interview with Matt Lauer on NBC now.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Just so you know - if this turns into a political thread *** odds of keeping it about the book?

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

How could he write a book when he's never read one? [sorrymoddycouldntresist]

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

W's teleprompter for said interview:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Dick Whitman

I'm curious to see if there will be anything in there that's different from the recent unauthorized biography:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Dick Whitman

I'll be here all week, folks!

7. YankeeFan

I think the interview is pretty interesting so far.

I feel like the book will be anti-climactic since everything in it will have already been reported on.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Third worst president of my lifetime. :D

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Liberal bias at NBC!!!!!

10. YankeeFan

Whether or not you're a fan of Bush, I think it's interesting to hear his take on things.

And, if you like behind the scenes info, it should be interesting as well. Some of the stuff he writes about has never been discussed because it never came out.

The stuff about considering dropping Cheney had never been reported before. In tonight's interview, he talks about when he asked Cheney to run with him for the first term. He said Cheney reminded him of his health/heart problems and then told him, "Mary's gay."

I'd never heard that before.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was always only lukewarm on him because I really wanted McCain to win in 2000 and I was really pissed with what Rove did to McCain in South Carolina.

I thought the way he handled the immediate aftermath of 9/11 was great, but it went downhill from there. Some of that was his fault, but I think most of us was bound to happen no matter who was in office.

I think people are beginning to appreciate him a little more now than they were two years ago. Although, I don't think too many of those people are on this board. :D

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Very interesting interview thus far. You could see him not wanting to answer the waterboarding question. Very diplomatic. Although that would be apples and oranges. I'd hope an American overseas would not be waterboarded. But if they were a terrorist, then I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted