1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush was Right

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr7134, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I often listen to the Right Brothers in between the frequent blow jobs Pastor Haggard provides in between our meth binges. The songs really get you in the mood.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Funny that Yawn would accuse us of the same behavior of which he's guilty. And since Pope Yawn apparently knows God better than all of us, there's no need for me to elaborate.

Tell ya' what, Yawn....I'm comfortable with my relationship with God, and have no worries despite your Doomsday talk to the contrary.

3. And God always had better writers.
    "Circumcision of the heart"?
    Dumbass.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Pastor Haggard is a fallen soul who needs rehab and never another pulpit.

Oh and FenFraud:

For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, neither is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, nor by the letter [of the Law]; and his praise is not from men, but from God.
    Romans 2:28-29.

Tell me.....again out of curiousity...define your personal understanding of God and the basis for it. This ought to be good.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i find people who quote the bible to be simple-minded fuckstains who have to use other people's words, simply because they aren't smart enough to come up with their own.

i also find great humour (for the candians) in people who deny scientific facts, evolution, yet put more faith in a single book that was translated by folks with an agenda. but then again, most folks who voted for bush truly believe jonah was swallowed by a whale and that moses actually did part the red sea or that revelations wasn't written by somebody on acid or that the second "tier" of humans to roam the earth (those who came after adam and eve) weren't created out of incest.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

In other words, you're simply selective in your thought process which is shaped by your own predetermined personal biases.

I believe the Bible is truth. Science also has truths. Old Testament stories such as the one you brought up are based on imagery and prophetic vision rather than literal terms. Just goes to show you don't really study it.

7. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

A quote from a visitor to their myspace page really sums up a lot of the right:

"the good thing about u guys they is a band taking the republican side and not the demecratic/ liberal side"

8. Damn you Buck!

That was my wedding song!

9. I don't know whether I believe this. If i do, your wife is the coolest person in the world.

10. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Like anything with a pee-hole in the front.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

"science has truths" probably one of the most telling statements you've ever made.

also, imagery and the bible, that is hi-fucking-arious.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Mysogyny, yes he did have a few issues.

Draft saved Draft deleted