1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush was Right

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr7134, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

If Jesus came back and defended the biblical truth about homosexuality, he'd be called a bigoted hate mongerer by people like andy.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yawn...what if it turned out that I was Jesus? You'd be facing an eternity dancing cheek-to-cheek with Michael Moore.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Alley, what if it turned out I was Jimmy Hoffa? I'd write a book about the afterlife you'd thought I'd been living underneath the 50-yard line at the Meadowlands.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Actually, I know better than you. Hoffa never was buried at the Meadowlands. He was dumped off the end of a pier in Atlantic City. So thanks for playing.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Have you found his body?

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And what, pray tell, did Jesus have to say about homosexuality, Yawn?

Oh, wait, he had no comment on the subject? Really? All the quotations you hear are in the old testament rule lists, next to the prohibitions on wearing garments made of the same fabric?

What kind of a blend is your shirt today, Yawn?

Enjoy your time in hell.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The body's gone. When you drop things off the pier at Atlantic City, they usually don't turn up again, unless it's the filler in the hot dog being sold at the corner of West and Main.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

It's only a fable. I don't think it's been proven, and there sure as hell haven't been any arrests of the person who, ahem, did the dumping.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

C'mon, man, you're an adult. You know there's never going to be an arrest for that.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

No arrest, no body, no absolute determination of outcome other than supposition. I think that's the way the law works.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

He refuted a number of things by saying "It is said....but I say...."

And since Jesus was well aware of the teachings of the Old Testament, I think he would have added another "but..." And while he said about the woman about to be stoned by the ancient religious right to anyone within earshot, "let he who is without sin be the first to cast a stone," he then told the woman, "go and sin no more" which in the Hebrew text, meant to not continue committing the specific sin she was committing.

12. About which, as we know, Christ said nothing during what is alleged to be his earthly ministry.

Draft saved Draft deleted