1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush On Iraq: "We're not winning..."

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Dec 20, 2006.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Dye, for once I'm with you in trying to avoid entering a shitstorm of a thread, so since you were kind, I'll be as well...

There simply aren't enough troops to send into the area, in the first place, so without a palatable plan to increase the size of our military, that's an option we really can't use.

Because the situation has gotten so bad over there, we really might have passed that point of no return, although I find it foolish for some to try and pinpoint where we actually passed it. What difference does it make?

If we ask ourselves what we hope to accomplish, realistically, then we're not left with a whole lot of options to make that happen.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

My simple and quick stopgap, bubble-gum-and-bailing-wire solution to this mess is to put Al-Sadr in charge of Iraq.

He and his militia would crush the insurgents and chase the terrorists out of the country. Sure he'd be a dictator and a Shia one rather than a Sunni one, but the cork would be back in the genie's bottle. And I doubt al-Sadr would like Iran horning in on his turf.

The lesser of all the bad outcomes possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted