1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush: OK, I've got a plan. No, this one will work, honest.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

So, you want to repeat Japan at the end of WWII?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Woo hoo!

3. pallister

pallister Guest

They like you, SC, they really, really like you!

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Outing alert: Yawn is John Rambo.

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

It's not going to be done for one big reason: Thankfully, the people running this country, even, I think, the president, have enough sense to see the ramifications of that.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yawn retired the trophy in the months leading up to the '06 midterms -- when he was wrong about virtually EVERYTHING, and was wrong with a snot-nosed attitude, arrogance, and considerable gusto.

Take about four years off, son, go to school and learn something. ANYTHING.

Thanks, and good luck.

7. I'm so sick of Iraq. We're accomplishing nothing. I'm not really pro- or anti-Bush anymore, so I have no political agenda. I'm just tired of hearing about how the situation is terminal, yet here we are. Still in Iraq. Still going to be in Iraq. Seems fishy that we just keep on keepin on when damn near everyone says we need to overhaul our strategy.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Fixed.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I was surprised by the speech last night -- despite the flaws in his delivery, Bush has great writers. But, much like Iraq, last night's speech was a big mess. He would have been better served by saying that he made mistakes in pursuit of what he believed to be the best interests of the country instead of "mistakes have been made" and "the responsibility rests with me".

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Definition of functionally ignorant: Believing anything Nancy Pelosi says. See you in four years on that one, pud.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

What happened to all your predictions, Yawn?

What happened to how you had access to the "latest trends?"

Draft saved Draft deleted