1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush: OK, I've got a plan. No, this one will work, honest.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Jan 10, 2007.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

But what if there are no more troops to send? in addition to providing funding for the Armed services, Congress is also responsible for the raising of the Army. The president can only deploy them if there are troops to send.

The sad thing about this is I wish Fredo's plan could work. But so much can go wrong with it, I don't see how it does. All those who said this was another Vietnam three years ago are being proven to be incredibly smart. That being said, him using 9/11, and the possibility that if we don't secure the area it could happen again was just another example of him summoning the boogeyman to scare everyone.

The trouble is we've been told the boogeyman's coming so often in the last five years, it has no resonance anymore, at least with me. I tuned out three years ago.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Funny how Muslims basically dislike everything. What joyful people they are and what joyful religion they must possess.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yawn, comments like these make Christianity seem real pleasant.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Check the previous post Angola.

Better still, tell me anything you've seen in a public demonstration that shows Muslims like ANYTHING.

5. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Damn, if you speak on behalf of Christianity, well, I think I'll go worship the sun.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Next, I guess you'll echo Rosie O Dumbbitch's remarks that radical Christianity is as dangerous as radical Islam. Go ahead. Shit.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

And people wonder why Horny and Big Baby Jesus are gaining in popularity.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Sportschick - back to your Rosie O'Dumbbitch readings.

Loved Elizabeth Hasselback's remarks to Hannity tonight. That's why they muzzle her on there. She makes sense.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It must be nice to just come on here to snipe at people without offering any thoughts of your own on the situation. Would you send another 20,000 troops Yawn, or what would you say the solution is?

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, I am guessing Muslims like each other and they probably universally dislike you, so they have that to agree on.
    I just think it is funny when folks like you show up and make broad generalizations about entire races and religions. Good stuff, really. Makes me remember why I stay as far from the right as possible.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

What's sad is how often the unreligious assume all Christians are like Yawn. Given how few Christians I know that are full of that much hate, it makes me pretty damned sad.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Agreed.
    What is even sadder is how Yawn comes on here and rants and raves, and knowing how a lot of sports journalists aren't Christians, it adds to that misconception here.

Draft saved Draft deleted