1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush: No warrant? No problem, go ahead and open that mail anyway.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Does Congress not actually have to vote on a declaration of war? And even if it did that, I don't believe that it would mean Congress has voted to suspend its own rights to consider legislation.

Seems to me that voters recently suggested that they would indeed support defunding the war. Now all the Democrats have to do is use the power they've been given -- that is, if they're not a bunch of paper tigers.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i wish i woulda said that lamar. great fucking point.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Silly me. I thought Congress was the only one government body that could declare we're at war.

4. EStreetJoe

You might be on to something. I think I figured out the Bush strategy. The terrorists hate our freedom. So if he slowly and covertly takes away our freedoms, there will be no reason for the terrorists to hate us because we'll have no freedoms, then he (and the Republicans) can claim their policies kept us safe from terrorist attacks.

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I find it not too damned surprising that no one has even offered a defense of this shit.

Might tough to defend this one.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

There are a few others you could add to that list and some of them would even try to defend it.

7. EStreetJoe

We're all thinking of incoming mail.. but he's also got the right to open outgoing mail. I wonder how many pieces of mail addressed to countries that aren't on our side in the war on terror are going to be opened.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

No it didn't slip through. Your liberal friends were just basking in the comfort zone of their saviours being sworn in -- but by today, promising partisan gridlock, and that's when everyone figured they'd better get in here and rag on Bush because their own people are already off to fumbling away accountability.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yawn, you couldn't find a coherent sentence with a GPS, a map to Tahoe and a Super Secret SportsJournalists.com Decoder Ring.

10. We have decoder rings?

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It comes with your satin warmup jacket.

You haven't gotten yours yet?

12. EStreetJoe

Damn... forgot to order them. When's the deadline to order the next batch of jackets and decoder rings.

Draft saved Draft deleted