1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush memoirs

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by WaylonJennings, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Much of this talk is silly, as AD said, but unexpected. How many of you got through the Clinton book? I bet this is a far better read.

2. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I did too. I'd been wanting to see it for weeks and finally got to it last week. All kinds of tension, without having to blow anything up. I haven't read the book; I wonder if the ending's similar.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I want to know if he thinks the old age gun we are shooting at Osama Bin Laden will ever kill him.

Did he know Jack Bauer was an imaginary person before we invaded Iraq? Was he using Bauer as a key part in the invasion plan?

Actually, Bush has a lot to answer, but I'm sure it will not. The man had 9/11, Katrina and the collapse of an economy on his watch. Not too man CiCs can lay claim to that 1-2-3 punch

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Hope George and Laura don't move next door to that Simpson clan. The boy shredded the old man's memoirs.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

93Devil comments on George Bush. This should be a running series.

6. 93Devil

Maybe they will be so good I can create multiple accounts!

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Bart Simpson ruined Dubya's Dad's memoirs, and then got a spanking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Bad_Neighbors

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Luckily, the Bush family moved out and the Ford family moved in. Gerald would like to invite all of us over to watch football and eat nachos.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The thing with Bush memoirs that makes things more interesting is that he has stayed in the shadows. The Clinton's left.

10. 93Devil

But remember that fast food places do not serve stew.

11. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

"And since I'd achieved all my goals as President in one term, there was no need for a second. The end." always struck me as one of the funniest Simpsons lines.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I will be interested to read Bush's thoughts about TARP since that may turn out to be his greatest accomplishment.

Draft saved Draft deleted