1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush memoirs

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by WaylonJennings, Apr 26, 2010.

1. This seems journalistic enough to be OK ... George W. Bush memoirs to be released in November. Seems like a fairly quick turnaround, but then again, Clinton's came out within a couple years of his presidency, as well, if I'm remembering correctly.

No word yet on whether there'll be words or just drawings. ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8645115.stm

2. In all seriousness I look forward to reading this. I'm particularly interested in his thoughts on going from a guy who basically had no interest in foreign policy when he got into politics to a person whose presidency was defined by foreign policy. Hope he goes beyond just platitudes to being saved by Jesus, etc., etc., to talk about what made him get serious later in life.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If you write reel big in crayon, it takes less time to fill all them pages.

4. It will probably be like most other Presidential auto-bios and won't reveal anything that would be worth reading.
    The good stuff won't come out for years.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

This thread will be more interesting than the book. Guaranteed.

6. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

God help us.

7. AD

AD Active Member

i voted obama, clinton, hated cheney, etc. but you are all doing yourself a massive disservice if you think george w. bush is stupid. incurious? yes. but i've met him, and like a lot of people who have, i was struck not only by his warmth but his intelligence. he comes across like a puppet on tv -- horrible, really. but in person? a whole different deal.
    you want to hate him? understandable. i think he may well be the worst president ever. but know your enemy, so you can beat him. don't make up a caricature so you can feel superior.

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Thanks a lot, Waylon.

Keep the politics out of here. Does anyone know who is ghostwriting?

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I look forward to reading the book. It should be good to see what his thoughts are on several subjects.

Oh, and this won't end well.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Probably not . . . but I'm curious to see where this heads.

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Anyone see the movie The Ghost Writer? I bet the writing of W's was like that.

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I loved it, smalltown

Draft saved Draft deleted