1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush gives out WRONG number for struggling homeowners!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Die Fraeulein sind reife, aber ich bin wie einen Diamant hart. Warum ist das?

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

According to FreeTranslation.com:

The young women are would ripen, but I am hard like a diamond. Why is that?

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

No. I called the EE and said, "Look, here's what happened..." before he could get blindsided with calls. Then he told me about the time one of his old papers put in a call-Santa-for-the-holidays 1-800 number, and they got a number wrong, and it went to a phone sex line.

I felt much better when I realized I hadn't made the worst error under his watch.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I was thinking about this a bit further as the Dow was climbing upward on news of this plan. My conclusion is that this could be a really bad idea.

All indications are currently out that the Fed will cut interest rates next week. The meeting is set and Bernanke has dropped hints that this rate cut will happen. However, there are other indications that this may not be the last Fed cut. So, what happens when these homeowners decide to lock into the rate that they have now and then the rate drops?

Wouldn’t the impact be worse, long term, for these individuals to lock into some sort fixed rate that is higher than the rates that are currently set?

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

"Reife" also means "soft."

6. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

The local number for Ticketmaster is one digit away from a phone sex line promoting "backdoor delights" (that's what I've been told, anyway).

About twice a year it appears in the paper.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Pres. Bush is not allowed to make mistakes, or we get comments like "God help us for the next 15 months."

Get a fucking life.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Come on, Hondo, is it too much to ask that the President remember one phone number that's of so much importance, he mentioned it twice in what was billed a major speech?

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

For this president, yes. That is definitely too much to ask.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Everyone should be allowed one mistake, right? Well, I guess this is Bush's. ...

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

By whatever metric one chooses, he's long since exceeded his allowance of dismissable mistakes.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Funny, but Hillary has her own lapses of memory ... such as when someone asks her a question that contains the name Norman Hsu.

Draft saved Draft deleted