1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush and congress fiddle while the world burns

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Jul 19, 2006.

1. ...or are too big to fit in the petri dish.

Of course, in DyP's case, the question of intelligent life comes into play.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

That's funny. I was thinking someone like you, who continually seeks "facts" and posts them here without context as some sort of political argument, might qualify.

3. trounced

trounced Active Member

The abortion lobby is all over this bill because this is just another way for them to make the argument that an embryo is a non-person. Do you realize how many embroyos are needed for some of the treatments they are discussing? Where does it stop? How are women protected from this harvesting?

4. You're right. That's freaking hilarious.

5. trounced

trounced Active Member

So you are equating people to a blade of grass?

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I dunno. Chastity belts?

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am equating cells to cells.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Again, an embyo, a mass of cells incapable of living outside of a woman's body, is not a life.

And I'd be more than willing to go through fertility treatments and donate embryos if there's a chance it'll help find a way to treat scleraderma or other autoimmune disorders, which tend to kill the women in my family before they hit retirement age.

9. trounced

trounced Active Member

If you really wanted to have a baby and that single embryo was only chance you had to have one, you damn well sure would think it's a life.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

No, embryos aren't alive. They are incapable of living outside of a woman's body. Therefore, they aren't really alive yet.

11. "That single embryo was the only chance you'd have.."
    Because, why? The world is ending in eight months?
    Anyway, here's a thought.
    Let's let the women decide what goes on with their bodies and what they need to be "protected" from.
    Oops, sorry. That went out of the conservative political playbook 30 years ago. Of course, when Billy Bob's daughter gets knocked up by the halfback, well, there's kindly old Doc to help out with things.
    Hypocrites, the lot of them.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Just go back to hunting down out-of-context articles, Streisand. That's about all you're good for.

Dumbfuck. And what's worse, a total dumbfuck who thinks he's intelligent. Bad combination.

Draft saved Draft deleted