1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush Adminstration Gets Creepier

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

You're obviously ignorant of the use of sarcasm. I bet you've been accused of putting quotes out of context oh, about 756 times.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

What sarcasm?

Is this like you trying to get off the hook last time around by claiming you'd made a 'pun?'

And what did I quote? And what did I quote out of context?

You gutless maroon.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Power tool.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Before this gets locked, my question is what would have been the reaction if a Democratic White House had done the same to a Republican congressman?
    Without putting words into JG's mouth, I think his reaction would have been the same. The constitution is still the most important thing and any WH that does what they have done, clearly cares not for the people it represents.
    Shameful.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And some prominent Dems better speak up on this, in a significant way, in the next couple of weeks,
    or shame on 'em . . .

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It seems, at least with this particular congress, that the Republicans on Cap Hill only care about the constitution when it suits them. And when their president thumbs his nose at it, it's okay. This shit would not fly at all with a Dem in the White House.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Headbutt, I get accused of listening only to the conservative talkshow pundits.

It seems as though you believe only what you want to believe. Democrats above reproach? Right.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

How could he possibly think that this could pass constitutionality?
    Maybe this is in case Congress and the Supreme Court get wiped out?
    Sounds like someone in the Bush admin read the Clancy novel that came after Debt of Honor (the name escapes me now).

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

No, if there was a Dem in the White House, the GOP would cry armageddon, treason, and everything else if they tried the same thing. And justifiably so I might add. There are plenty of clowns in both parties. But you can't seriously contend that Republican lawmakers haven't rolled over for Bush, at their own expense.

10. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

It was going just fine until Fucknuts got involved.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i trust him emphatically. the administration did such a fine job with katrina, how could we all not rally in support?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I like your positive thinking ... then again, perhaps you've been sitting in a FEMA trailer contaminated by formaldehyde for too long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.