1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush Adminstration Gets Creepier

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK, I know that we're all paranoid, and that nobody in the White House is looking for an excuse to put a police-state into operation and is just waiting for the next big boom-boom to do so, but this is just weird.
    http://www.newhouse.com/congressman-denied-access-to-post-attack-government-continuity-plans.html

A continuity of government plan that they will not share with the Congress.
    Yeah, I trust them on that one.

And I'm sure it has nothing to do with this.
    http://progressive.org/mag_wx051807

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wow...those articles make me sick, especially the second one. I wouldn't care who was in the Oval Office, that kind of order is frightening.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Yeah, I'm just not surprised by anything I hear about this administration anymore. Scary.

4. What bother me is that very few people in the media -- and even fewer Democratic politicians -- seem to understand that these people MEAN WHAT THEY SAY. They're not bluffing. They're not playing to the base. They have every intention of DOING this stuff.
    I fear for the country. I truly do.

5. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Can someone enlighten us as to how this is not a violation of the Constitution and how we're better off for this, especially since most of us are in the business of shining the light on the dark corners? Seriously, I'm curious. What's the justification?

6. If you believe in the (in my mind, flagrantly unconstitutional) conception of the powers of the Exceutive under which these guys insist on operating, Congress's role in these matters is largely a consultative one. That's their justification.
    James Madison, on the other hand, would vomit.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Link no longer working on second one. Care to enlighten the rest of us?

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Hmm, very suspicious.

9. Link worked for me. Here's the lede:

With scarcely a mention in the mainstream media, President Bush has ordered up a plan for responding to a catastrophic attack.

In a new National Security Presidential Directive, Bush lays out his plans for dealing with a “catastrophic emergency.”
    Under that plan, he entrusts himself with leading the entire federal government, not just the Executive Branch. And he gives himself the responsibility “for ensuring constitutional government.”

He laid this all out in a document entitled "National Security Presidential Directive/NSPD 51" and "Homeland Security Presidential Directive/HSPD-20."

The White House released it on May 9.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So all he has to do is take out the Sears tower this time and he is Supreme Ruler?

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Well, obviously DeFazio was denied access to the documents because he might sell them to the terrorists.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

If it comes to that, then I'm with her.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.