1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush administration made over 900 false statements in lead-up to Iraq

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Jan 23, 2008.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Actually, no, you can't GUARANTEE that.

http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?articleId=4635

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1425

2. Well, when one of the sources is a drunk and the other two are out of Chalabi's shop, and you ignore all the people who are telling you it's wrong, and your people have been plotting this war since 1996, and you yourself talked about it as far back as 1/01...oh, fuck, why bother? You just knew this pile of old irrelevancies was coming.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If I thought that the Democratic leadership in Congress had the fortitude and integrity to begin impeachment proceedings...well, I try to live in the here and now.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am shocked an angry to hear that the Bush administration lied 900 times to run us into war.

I had 1,000 in the office pool.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The point is that when a Democrat says something that turns out to be wrong, well, they were merely misinformed or had the wrong intelligence. When a Republican says the same thing, he's a liar and should be impeached.
    That about cover it?

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I don't remember Bill Clinton green-lighting a war in Iraq that has been an unmitigated disaster.

7. Somehow, that never comes up in the Endless List Of Quotes.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Well, why would it? It's easier to point out that other pols may have at one time believed the misinformation.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

You can bring up thousands of quotes from Democrats and other countries and it doesn't matter. This was Bush and Cheney's war. That's how it will -- and should -- always be remembered. Never would have happened without them. The stooges who believed or went along with everything they said (including gutless Democrats and members of the media) aided and abetted, for sure.

But this was Bush's war, plain and simple.

On another point, I didn't think this story would really be picked up since it was nothing new. But when I go to Google News, it's appeared in the NY Times, USA Today and cnn.com.

And, to D.Sanchez's point, it doesn't mention Soros. You can argue that it should, but you can't argue facts.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

But Dems and the media believed in the misinformation! They're just as guilty as Bush and Co.! [/4yoBoomandHondo]

11. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I don't get it. Bill Clinton is impeached for lying about banging Lewinsky. OK. Fast forward a decade and there is strong evidence than Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/etc. lied about the invasion of Iraq, Hussein, al-Queda, etc., an infinitely more serious matter and we are sitting here doing nothing, merely discussing it. They should at least serve trial.

Seriously, will Pelosi and co. ever grow some fucking balls?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Pelosi won't. Would you settle for a raging case of PMS?

Draft saved Draft deleted