1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush administration made over 900 false statements in lead-up to Iraq

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

My point is that discussion of WMD's started long before Bush came along which lent great credence to his false statements.

After Viet Nam no one in their right mind would accept what one party was saying.

What made it convincing for me was that both sides of the isle were saying the same thing and were supported by the 3rd estate.

If any one of the 3 groups were painting a different picture we would not have been in Iraq.

2. So you're easily swayed but what other people tell you? OK.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

So 3 sources is not enough to render judgement? We all cannot be like Sean Penn and fly to Iraq to see for ourselves.

4. There were a lot of people that, despite the politicians and newspapers telling them what to think, still came up with their own conclusions that the war was a bad idea.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

But I thought Bush was THE BIGGEST FUCKING HERO IN THE WORLD!

(cueing Sportschick)

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Why, sure.

To Mommy.

And to the terminally addled.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Next January can't get here fast enough.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Rushmore-bound, I'm telling you.

9. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

The scary thing is that I don't think it's going to be any better next January.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Interesting as those quotes from 1998 may be, at least the Clinton administration managed to resist the urge to invade Iraq and kill hundreds of thousands of civilians and completely destabilize the Middle East without an exit strategy.

And lest we revise history yet again, let's not forget that we had many inspectors from several agencies on the ground in Iraq during the run-up to the invasion and chose to ignore them when they told us there was nothing there.

For which the Fourth Estate does indeed bear a partial responsibility.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The worst of the house apologists do, for certain (see Post, Washington . . . )

Draft saved Draft deleted