1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush acknowledges the sacrifice of soldiers ... by giving up golf

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DougDascenzo, May 13, 2008.

1. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0508/10314.html

I can understand what he's trying to say here. But boy, this just comes across really, really bad.

I hope is handicap hasn't suffered too much.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"Naw watch 'is drive..."

3. Dickhead.
    That is all.

4. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Golf is a major give-up.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Just wonder if that decision might've also had something to with scenes like this one in Fahrenheit 9/11 released about that same time:

Also a bit curious why it took the death of a big important UN guy for him to decide it was time to make this grand show of sacrifice. Mere soldiers had been getting sent home in bodybags for quite some time by then.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He's either drinking again or totally, irretrievably spun.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I like that one. I like this one more.

8. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

I suppose this means Annika Sorenstam supports the troops.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Bush and I finally have something in common: we've both given up golf.

Of course, I gave it up for totally different reasons. I've decided that, with gas at $3.69, a gallon of milk costing $4, home heating oil going up which leads to my rent (my heat's included) going up, the cost of eating out because of the increase in shipping food to the restaurants going up, the cost of shipping any and all things going up, I can't justify $25-30 a weekend or every other weekend to lose half a dozen balls on a golf course.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's a typical GOP type move, as soon as someone you know personally dies, only then do they really think about an issue. I have the same condemnation for libs who suddenly become Dennis Miller once they feel personally threatened (and are too old to serve in the military. Nice convictions.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Someone please tell me this is from the Onion.

12. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

Here's hoping every GOP politician has a gay child ... or a spouse with a disease that could only be cured by stem cell research.

Draft saved Draft deleted