1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Busch Stadium press box damaged in nasty T-storm, injuries

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jul 19, 2006.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Having lived in pretty much this exact area for about six years, the storms can be horrendous. I used to have to pull over and wait out them out a couple times a year. Nasty, horrible things are they.

And I third (damn you, KY) the thoughts and prayers.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

I understand what you are saying about the window, Bernie, but anything flying around at 80MPH could potentially do you great harm.

Just glad no one got killed.

3. Bmiklasz

Bmiklasz New Member

That's why I got outta there ...

But they've already cleaned the place up... they had a crew up here during the game.

Doesn't matter. It's still a hideous pressbox, even when the weather is glorious.

Some of us were sort of hoping for it to be destroyed.... without injuries, of course.

OK, not really, but you catch my drift.

Unofficially, one laptop lost its life -- or is in critical condition. I'll have to check on that.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Welcome, Bernie. Maybe we can get a cross-state rivalry with Whitlock going on the board.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I just want to know, as well as that press box is marked on how to get to, how was the storm able to find it?

;D

6. Bmiklasz

Bmiklasz New Member

Naw, I'm a lurker. Plus, I have enough to do in cyberspace, hosting my own online forum.
    But I thought the least I could do was provide a field report for concerned colleagues who saw that AP dispatch.

markvid, the storm found us because God must despise sportswriters like everyone else... ;)

7. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Well, Bernie, at least the players were OK. So play ball! (tongue in cheek). The press box there is a joke. What a slap in the face to the media. And people say the Cardinals are a class organization.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Only the paying customer's opinion counts there.

9. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Pittsburgh v. St. Louis in battle for the worst press box ... and even God doesn't care enough about the Buccos to send a disaster through western Pa. to rip that one down.

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Bernie is too smart and professional for anything like that.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm sure. But it would liven things up a bit.

12. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

We should get a fair report on this Thursday morning at Deadspin.com.

I believe Will Leitch was attending this game as part of his three-game introduction to the new Busch.

Draft saved Draft deleted