1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Burwell plays the race card with Mike Anderson

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Hate-Miser2, Mar 25, 2011.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Inks, it's mainly to see if someone went to a parochial school, went to an old-money WASP school, or went to a West County school

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You mean there's a difference between Chaminade and East St. Louis High School? :D

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I understand. I just think it's odd. I've been around a group of people in their 30s who sprung that question on others. It's very odd. I never experienced that in Dallas.

4. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Eureka Springs was very freak-friendly back in the day. With all the Victorian architecture, though, it's probably been gentrified for 20 years.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

No, it's still a place where the weird turn pro.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Much of Missouri is like Winter's Bone. And most of Arkansas is, too.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This just occurred to me: Isn't this Mizzou-Arkansas thing a Wal Mart family feud? Big donors to both schools, right?

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Depends on how you define "family."

Sam Walton's progeny are mostly on the Arkansas side, Bud Walton's (which include the Kroenkes and the Lauries by marriage) on the Missouri side. Which I find somewhat ironic considering the basketball arena in Fayetteville is named after Bud (also known as the Bud Bowl.)

Draft saved Draft deleted