1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Burn Notice on USA

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jun 28, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The best part of the show is seeing how to bullet-proof your car with phone books or make plastique in your kitchen. Also enjoyed seeing Fi play Army men while babysitting giving the kid tips on where he should place his snipers.

2. jps

jps Active Member

wfw

3. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Call me stupid, but what does wfw mean?

4. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

I like the narrating, too. It's an interesting touch. And all the spy tips, like the bullet-proofing mentioned above, etc., is pretty cool.

Glad I brought this thread back. Figured since it was so buried, nobody really got into it and I'd look like a loser for liking this show.

And grifter, wfw is word for word.

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

FYI - I read that Jeffrey Donovan got a nice raise (up to like $1.2i millon-$1.5 million per show). Also, he has a seven-year contract, so I guess at least five years left of this show. :)

6. DanOregon

A mil an episode for a cable show? I don't think so. Charlie Sheen is the highest-paid TV actor and he makes 800k an episode. Kyra Sedgewick makes 275k an ep for the closer.

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Yeah, no way. That's "Friends"-like money and Burn Notice isn't getting "Friends"-like ratings.

8. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Love this show. Also a big fan of In Plain Sight although it got a little silly in the last few episodes.

USA has some quality original programs.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Maybe that's for the whole season?

10. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

So Dutch, from "The Shield," turned up on last night's episode. And I think it was another great episode. Love this show. Entertaining stuff.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Burn Notice is no Jericho, but it's a damn fine show.

12. DanOregon

The cable dramas just seem to be a notch above what the broadcast nets have, and it isn't just that they can say "shit" here and there. The location shooting, the shorter episode orders (usually 20 or fewer a year - sometimes chopped up into two "seasons"), the season-long story arcs, the better talent involved...I really don't understand why the broadcast nets haven't adopted the model of giving full orders of a 12-16 episode season and no repeats. If it clicks, bring it back. If not, dump it. Learned this week that "Leverage" is going to be shooting out this way for their next season.
    Burn Notice, like all of USA's stuff, does a great job of developing characters.

Draft saved Draft deleted