1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Burn After Reading

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Anybody else psyched for this movie? I've been on a bit of a Coen Bros. kick lately. Rewatched No Country last night, Fargo today. Interested to see how this one turns out.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I got a pass to go see this over the weekend. Been looking forward to it since I saw the trailer.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Trailers look decent, but I have to admit, I'm starting realize the Coen Brothers might not be for me. I couldn't stand Fargo. I would have gone in a much different direction than they did in No Country (and I would have given it an ending that didn't suck). 'O Brother Where Art Thou' did nothing for me. 'The Ladykillers' was crap.

I don't think I've liked anything they've done since 'The Big Lebowski' and, truth be told, I didn't even realize that was one of their flicks until a year or two ago. They've had far more misses for me than hits.

4. jps

jps Active Member

I'm with you, pern. fargo was watchable and enjoyed it, but won't probably ever want to watch it again. really didn't like no country at all, thanks to the shitty ending, in large part. and absolutely hated o brother. awful. ladykillers, too. awful.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

haven't seen ladykillers. heard it was terrible. i was really surprised i liked o brother. didn't expect to. old country was better the second time, though i still wasn't a huge fan of the ending.

6. Guys, you're leaving out two of the best -- Raising Arizona and the incredibly underrated Hudsucker Proxy.
    From the previews, this one looks pretty good to me.

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I'm a Barton Fink and Miller's Crossing fan too.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Miller's Crossing is vastly underrated.

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I'm definitely interested in this film. After NCFOM, I figure the Coens can do whatever they want. The cast of course looks fantastic.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I cannot wait for this flick. The cast looks amazing; after seeing 'Being John Malcovich,' I'll watch anything with him in it.

11. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

He's been great in pretty much everything he's ever been in.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Crack up every time I see Pitt get socked.

Draft saved Draft deleted