1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Burma

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by writing irish, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think it should be "And since Burma has nothing we want, there's nothing the government will bother to do."

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I love Crab Rangoon, which is weird that you get it at a Chinese restaurant.

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I just want to point out that ABC's Jim Scuitto has done a wonderful job reporting from Myanmar.
    If any of you have a chance, you should go to ABC NEWS and find his reports from there.

4. Hustle

Hustle Guest

CNN just showed some smuggled video from there. There's a link to it on their front page.

Cooper made reference to the government saying its soldiers had used the greatest restraint possible (which I'm sure no one believed anyway) and then showed soldiers beating people with sticks. Like they were just walking away and got a shot or two on the back on on the head.

One video (from, as they said, dissident journalists) showed a dead monk laying in a creek; apparently he had been abused.

Very disturbing stuff.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ah, Peterman.

Draft saved Draft deleted