1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Burger King's Barbecue

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bradley Guire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks Hardee's burgers are nowhere near the hype? I'd be a way happier and fatter Meat if the Hardee's near my house stuck to fried chicken and all-day biscuits. Even happier if a Bojangles took its place, but still.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I like Hardee's burgers far more than any of the other big time national chains (McD, BK, Wendy's, etc.). That doesn't mean they are super wonderful terrific, just better than the others.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Fixed the way ya'll really want it.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

"Every McDonald's commercial ends the same way, right? 'Prices and participation may vary.' I wanna open a McDonald's and not participate in anything. I wanna be a stubborn McDonald's owner. Cheeseburgers? Nope. We got spaghetti! And blankets!"

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

The one I used to go to did the same thing, but I can't recall the name. Had basically the same menu as Burger Chef. Didn't last too long, and now the old location is a decent mom-and-pop Italian joint.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

So, has anyone tried the sandwich? I will fall on the sword if no one else has because I feel like we need a review.

7. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

I was raised on hardwood, a pit and Real By-God Barbecue with vinegar-based slaw and sweet tea.

They should call it Fauxbecue.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I remember when they switched menus and got rid of the chicken when I was a kid. Folks were not happy. My grandparents would often stop by there on the way home from church on Sundays and get chicken for lunch.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

They've got four or five different sammiches, IIRC from what a friend who works at a BK told me. One Texas and Carolina whopper, one each for the chicken sammiches, and the Memphis "pulled pork" sammich.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This thread has become a penis-measuring contest about who can best describe "real man" barbecue.

I grew up in the days when barbecue meant shovin' your whole fist up a sow's vagina, grabbin that baby and throwin' it on the smoker still squealin'.

11. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Seems to me any BBQ discussion brings out the penis-measuring best (worst?) in every man and some women in the world.

And I say that as one who loves eating and cooking BBQ every chance I get.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

It was barbecue. It was mesquite. That's the way it was done.

Draft saved Draft deleted