1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Burger King's Barbecue

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bradley Guire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sounds a lot like Roy Rogers. Good god was that place disgusting. They had a fixin's bar that god knows how many grubby little bastards like me put their hands in, and every single one of their restaurants smelled the same -- like a mix of burgers, stale fries, cleaning products and disappointment.
    My sister worked at one for a while when I was a kid. I can still smell the stink on her uniform when she'd walk into the house.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Fuddruckers runs a similar operation, but with much better quality meat. And a lot more fixin' selections. Love some Fuddruckers.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why would anybody order barbeque at Burger King?

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Roy Rogers and Burger Chef were bought by Hardee's. Also, the Burger Chef Funmeal predated the Happy Meal by about seven years.

Burger Chef and Jeff representin'

[​IMG]

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Fuddruckers has a good works bar, but there's a reason most people call it Buttfuckers

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

The abundance of anal sex in the bathrooms?

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I know what gift certificate I'm getting Boots for Christmas: good for 50 bucks at his neighborhood Fuddruckers

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Friend of mine who only rarely posts here tells of a story in which he witnessed the Steak and Shake live up to its name.

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Lines like this are part of the reason I keep coming back to this site.

10. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Burger Chef = brings a tear to my eye.

Goodness how I wish we still had the Burger Chef. Way back when around here, Burger Chef was easily the top selling place ahead of any of the big name places. Of course, all we had then was Burger Chef, McDonald's, Wendy's, Hardee's and KFC, 1 each. I've probably eaten enough ham & cheeses from Burger Chef to fill a warehouse. A few years back some folks bought out the old building and tried to revive the old menu, calling it Chef Express. They even brought back a bunch of the old employees. It boomed for a while off people like me but ultimately couldn't compete with the big chains because the younger crowd who had never been there failed to show.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Which in turn was bought out by Carl's Jr.

12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

There's already an Anderson Cooper thread

Draft saved Draft deleted