1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Burger King's Barbecue

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bradley Guire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I was a McDLT man myself! :)

2. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

You and me both. I had a buddy who worked at McDonald's when I was in high school, and he used to hook me up with some reduced prices on the McDLTs whenever I came in. I shudder to think how many of those things I put down during that stretch ...

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Discount McDLT's? I would weight 400 pounds.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

How bout them McRibs.

::)

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They do have that at Backyard Burger. You order at the counter and get your own drinks, then they have runners who bring your order to you on a silver platter. They'll even check in on you occasionally.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Love me some Backyard Burger. I could go for one of their Chipotle Burgers right about now ...

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Hardees did that (or still does, I haven't been to one in a while)...it freaks me out. I want fast food like I want my automobile:
    From an assembly line with no frills.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Ricky Mathews is running Burger King and the NOLA/Bama media groups? Multi-tasker!

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

[​IMG]

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

McRibs rawk. And I miss the good ole Works Bar at Burger Chef

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Oh my! Burger Chef. I remember buying the cheapest burger we could get and just LOADING IT UP with as much crap as we could. Extra, extra, extra pickles.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I would pile on enough onions to repel an adolescence worth of dates. BC tried all kinds of things to gain traction: Works Bar, the first fast-food salad bar, frozen yogurt, a chopped steak meal called the Rancher. But alas, it couldn't make it and got gobbled up by Hardee's

Draft saved Draft deleted