1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Burger King's Barbecue

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bradley Guire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

The King is advertizing a barbecue pulled pork sandwich, and I shudder at the thought.

Fast food pulled pork is always awful. Subway's was ghastly. As a Southern man who can properly smoke a pork shoulder with smoldering apple wood for seven hours and make quality pulled pork, I can be a snob about my barbecue.

God knows it's impossible to find a good barbecue place in Idaho.

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

As a Southern man with a father who is a barbecue master and would kill me for saying this, I kinda liked Subway's pulled pork Sandwich last year much to my surprise.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No self-respecting Southern man eats fast-food barbecue.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Is it as good as the Ribwich?

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Fixed.

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

As someone steeped in eating barbecue from North Carolina to Missouri and from Virginia to Florida and also does a pretty good job with my own smoker, when any fast food place offers fake bbq (to steal a line I heard on the History Channel), just say "Faux Q"

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This times a thousand... There is no reason any human being should be ordering barbecue from a fast food place...

I've lived in six states across the country and have never had any trouble finding good barbecue.

Also, when you go to restaurants and you get something other than what they're famous for, you deserve what you get.

9. joe

joe Active Member

Testify!

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Can i get a witness?!

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If BK is the best you can come up with, you need to look harder or maybe take a road trip. :D

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted