1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Burger King doesn't like babies

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Aug 7, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm blushing!

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't think the kid was crawling around. Anyway, the mother looked halfway responsible. And, she was mildly hot.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I was eating lunch with a co-worker in a BK Lounge one afternoon about 15 years ago when a mouse ran along a nearby wall in the dining room.

I have not been back to a Burger King since -- not even for a drive-through. It actually has not even occurred to me and I have not missed it.

Seriously, it is amazing how something that you know probably happens in every fast-food joint is such a turn-off when you actually witness/experience it.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

I was in Wendy's about two months ago, and was about to place an order when a critter (cockroach, one of the big brown ones with wings) began crawling down the menu board. I pointed it to the young lady who asked to take my order and said "No thank you, I can't eat here today." She said she understood. But the lady in front of me ordered three burgers and just when I pointed out the critter, she looked at her food and the look in her eyes was as if she wanted to ask for a refund. Shit happens in fast food restaurants.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

OK, what's the rest of the story, dude?

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Simple fact of the matter is that there will always be critters in restaurants. There is absolutely nothing that can be done about it except keep it clean and spray constantly, but they'll still get there occasionally.

The cockroach would bother me more than the mouse. The food isn't going to be stored anywhere a mouse could get to.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Actually that's it Songbird. I saw the critter, pointed it out and left.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

I've done my bit in fast food. Hey, anywhere that a critter roams off the menu, I've got to go. It's the principle of the matter.

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

You obviously have never seen a mouse scurrying through a refrigerator, as I did once when I was a kid. :D

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Try seeing one surrying through the microwave. My mom did and nuked the fucker. She laughingly takes a lot of pride in that.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I once woke in the middle of the night to a bat sitting in the little tray where all my clean dishes were sitting next to the sink.

I washed them three times, only because my wife refused to let me throw them all out and buy new ones.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

I once lived in an upstairs aparment and a fucking bat got in. I kept the lights burning for three days befor finally cornering the fucker with a blanket and pushing him out an open window. Bats scare the shit out of me. They've got rabies and you can't catch them.

Draft saved Draft deleted