1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Burger King doesn't like babies

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Totally insane situation.
    http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/features/20090806_ap_burgerkingnoshoesruletakentoofarwithbaby.html

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

There are some really stupid people working at fast food restaurants.

3. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I was in a BK a few weeks ago, and a whole family _ mother, father, three kids — was walking around with no shoes on, like they were at the beach or something. No one bothered to say anything to them.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Why did the Dairy Queen get pregnant?

The Burger King forgot to wrap his whopper......

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Which is why many say Dairy Queen has a Jack in the box!

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The Burger King employees acted stupidly.

Now, I need a beer.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Question that wasn't answered: Was the six month old on the floor or just being held and/or in a chair?

If the kid was crawling around on the floor, the BK employees probably rushed the family out out of kindness.

If the kid was in a chair or lap, it must be some kind of Dwight Schrutte wanna-be assistant manager causing problems.

8. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Having flipped burgers through HS and college, I can attest that most fast food employees aren't the brightest bulbs on the planet -- although there's always a chance a "zero tolerance" edict was passed down from management that they could have been carrying out.

My 2-year-old has been known to kick his shoes off while sitting in his high chair in restaurants, or even moreso, while we stand in line waiting to order. Nobody has ever looked at him crossly because of it.

There's kind of a cutoff age where you begin to overlook kids who don't have shoes on ... maybe 3-4.

9. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Sen Herb Kohl is pregnant?

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If this is their policy, how is anyone going to get busy in a Burger King bathroom?

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So this is what "bitties at the BK Lounge" meant.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That assistant manager probably makes more money than a large percentage of the journalists on this board. And he didn't have to take out student loans to get there.

Who's stupid now?

(A: me)

Draft saved Draft deleted