1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bunting out at UNC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 22, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Stupid Moneyball.

2. Pi

Pi Member

Perhaps the Heels could hire Dennis Erickson to come in and thug up the program.

The really weird thing about this was the pervasive rumors than the AD was completely out of the loop. The decision was supposedly made by the head of the UNC system and the school president, and Bunting was told he wouldn't be back them -- not the AD. Also, supposedly, UNC wanted to keep it quiet until the week before the N.C. State game to use it as motivation for their final two games. Rumors, gotta love 'em.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

That was cute - thanks for posting that. What a good idea for a newspaper to contract for that. I wonder if the hits they got helped pay for it. Great idea!

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I think the guy who made it is on their online staff.

5. Lugnuts

Not that I doubt somebody on the N & O online staff could come up with something so creative...

But the short credits Grey Blackwell Animation & Illustration.

6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

He's the N&O's graphics editor: http://www.greyblackwell.com/about.htm

And as a UNC alum, I'm pretty darn scared of how ol' Dickie Baddour is going to screw up this coaching search like he has just about every other one he's had to handle. Then again, the train wreck might be fun to watch for a few weeks.

7. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

As someone mentioned, if you like that one, check out the N.C. State/Chuck Amato pair and Coach K short at www.newsobserver.com - I think they're linked from the front page or front of sports page. Very inventive.

8. Lugnuts

Wow. He is talented!

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Chris Hatcher will look good in Carolina Blue.

10. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

I was hoping they'd fire Bunting a couple of years ago and go after Spurrier.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Psst! Hey, Dick! Bobby Petrino might actually take the job to get in a real conference ... But you gotta fly up there with your president, your top booster and a planeload 'o cash to get him ... Works better if you do it before you fire your coach, though ....

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Petrino's going to Auburn after Tuberville bolts for Miami.

Draft saved Draft deleted