1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bunning's latest: Blocking U.S. appointments to protest CANADIAN law

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Goddammit, this is getting friggin' ridiculous. Here in northern Kentucky, folks took up the Bunning banner after the unemployment hold, ignoring his lack of a reasonable excuse (until after a few days to think one up), heralding him as "sticking to his principles."

I think this one displays that was hooey, as the locals would (or should) say. It's nothing but an effort to hamstring the executive branch. I mean, if you're truly peeved that the USTA hasn't leaned on Canuckistan enough... your solution is to keep people from leading the agency at all? If you want to negotiate a stronger stance, doesn't it stand that you need someone to negotiate? Egads.

Also, interesting point in the Huffington Post article on this (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/16/jim-bunnings-back-blockin_n_500973.html)...
    That's a pretty striking difference.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And he's protesting against a Canadian anti-smoking law.

Yep, he wants more people to smoke, thereby getting themselves sick and clogging up the medical resources.

As I said earlier, too bad Ted Fucking Williams didn't drill a little shit slider back at Bunning's head.
  3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Killick, I wonder how your fellow northern Kentuckians will feel about Bunning blocking unemployment benefits now that Delta is cutting 840 jobs at the Cincinnati airport (located in northern Kentucky):

4. JR

JR Active Member

What's the Canadian ant-smoking law he's complaining about?

Is it the one where Zag can't puff away to his heart's delight in our bars? :)
  5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Bob - I doubt it will change their outlook one little bit, except for those 840 people. Jesus, they just had a dinner last weekend celebrating Bunning's "service," and it was a packed house. Makes me want to vomit on my shoes every time I think about it.

JR - The Canadians had the gall to prohibit adding flavors — like cherry and bubble gum — to tobacco, making it more marketable/palatable for young users. So, basically, they cut into the tobacco industry's "young smoker program."
Draft saved Draft deleted