1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bundy Trial Ends In A Mistrial For A Very Expected Reason

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rainman, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Everyone turn off your coffee pots so Bundy will get more juice.

Oh wait, wrong Bundy.

2. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

I don't care if he's Charles Manson. If you'd read the BLM memo and read what the Obama appointed judge said about the case I don't see how you wouldn't have fear of what a corrupt criminal police agency did to this family.

One thing you will find out when reading it was the reasons the feds demanded the cattle removed were spurious and withheld from the defense.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Nobody turn off your coffee pots. That’s crazy talk.

HC likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Not paying his grazing fees. Freeloading welfare king. Led an armed occupation of Federal property. Racist.

He's scum.

5. Rainman

So let me get this right, your argument is, if he does not believe the government exists (and I have no idea about that quote and it's context, I'm assuming arguendo), he should not accept the dismissal and insist on being put in prison...by a government he believes does not exist? Stellar logic, there.

6. Rainman

You obviously only read highly biased sources on this.

If you read the Obama appointed judge's remarks you'd see why the government had no case against him. If you read the BLM officer's memo you'd see he was right to fear for his life.

7. Inky_Wretch

Has he paid his grazing fees? Did he ignore two court orders to get his cattle off Federal land - including National Park property? Did his family stage an armed takeover of Federal land? Did he say African-Americans would be better off as slaves?

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Can we give Rainman and Carlkolchak a corner to play in so the grownups can talk?

9. Rainman

The Cliven Bundy Prosecution Was a Miscarriage of Justice. He Deserved to Walk Free.

I think it comes down to Bundy is on the lowest rung of the social class: White, religious, anti-government, anti-environmental control and racist. So he clearly deserves the full force of what an Obama judge and the liberal Slate.com calls a corrupt police agency. Thankful there are liberals, like slate.com, that are willing to read and make judgments based on facts not on their feelings.

Eric Garner did essentially the same thing as Bundy on a smaller scale and its just easier to understand.

10. Inky_Wretch

Has he paid his grazing fees?

Did he ignore two court orders to get his cattle off Federal land - including National Park property?

Did his family stage an armed takeover of Federal land?

Did he say African-Americans would be better off as slaves?

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I hate to jump back into this thread, but I wanted to note that particular Slate writer, whose job is to write about law, routinely gets basic legal concepts wrong. I can't even give his articles a chance anymore.

12. Rainman

Fed's misconduct in Cliven Bundy case stems from Ruby Ridge

This is an excellent article that goes over the misconduct of the FBI and US Marshals and explains how it is related to the Bundy case. Particularly western Americans are very familiar with Ruby Ridge. The Obama appointed judge did a good job of shutting this down and restoring a tiny bit of faith back into some FBI oversight while at the same time confirming suspicions that not much has changed.

Yes, I know, I know, the article is from the highly conspiratorial-right wing website thehill.com. It will be assumed to be lies because its not from some mainstream unbiased news source like ThinkProgress, DailyKOs.

Draft saved Draft deleted