1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bumper stickers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Jul 28, 2013.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Don't see as many these days as I used to, but today's traffic yielded this gem:

Your proctologist called. He found your head.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Perhaps the toughest game show I have ever encountered. I bet ever Birdscribe would have a hard time.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I was behind an old Volvo station wagon a few weeks ago that still had a Walter Mondale-Geraldine Ferraro '84 bumper sticker on it. That's one tough sticker.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I'm more of a "supporter" bumper sticker person over a "wacky" one.
    My stickers are a Red Wings logo in the upper left corner of my back window, a Wigan Athletic sticker on the lower left side, a JohnnyCashRadio.com in the lower right and a local brewery in the upper right. My old college radio station is in the passenger window behind the driver's side and a "I support the local zoo" sticker on the other side.
    I also had a Gary Johnson for President sticker, but I never stuck it to anything and it just sat in my dashboard.
    I think political stickers on the backs of cars are kinda lame.
    "Oh, you voted for that guy and are sticking with him regardless of win or loss. Yippie skippy."

5. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

"Shit Happens" is a classic, and my personal motto.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

7. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Living in the south I never had the guts to put this one on my car, but oh how I wanted to

[​IMG]

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'My child is a student at XYZ Middle School.'

From honor student to 'recognized achiever' to just goddamned enrolled - we keep lowering the bar in California, but we're still struggling to stay ahead of Arkansas.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Used to see this one a lot in the media parking lot before pressers at a former beat:

[​IMG]

...or an American, I wanted to scribble on it with a Sharpie.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I can't find it on Google but there was humorous Jewish response to Christian bumper stickers in the '70s "We Found It" which was "We Never Lost It" ...

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Some old favorites:

Nice people swallow (back when Mean People Suck stickers were so popular)
    Don't trust anything that bleeds for four consecutive days and lives.

Draft saved Draft deleted