1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BullyVille.com to the rescue!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Interesting to say the least ...I can't say I disagree. When you cross the line with anonomyous threats you deserve to be outed.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/04/02/anti-bullying-site-exposes-identities-alleged-kate-gosselins-cyber-bullies-to/?intcmp=features

2. Should Kate be outed as a bully, too?

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Bullying bullies? I'm intrigued. Someone should bully the bullies who bully bullies.

4. I don't know that this amounts to bullying bullies.
    I think it's more along the lines of being a tattletale.

5. RickStain

It's doing things to hurt them so that the do-ers can feel better about themselves. I'll call that bullying.

6. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

What good does contacting their employer do? That's rather despicable.

7. RickStain

I've said it before, but a major impact of the internet these days is to help people find targets to be assholes to. If you can find someone who it seems like they deserve it, then you don't even have to feel bad.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Not feeling a whole lot of sympathy for Kate Gosselin. Now if someone devoted a web site to outing prissy little prom queens from conducting their own cyber-bullying campaign on some 16 year old who had the misfortune to cross the cool kids, I'd be all for that.

9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

It's getting harder and harder for people to find and keep a job.

Employers are doing credit checks for people looking for work, how having bad credit is a reflection on your work ethic is a mystery to me, and they also worry about what you say about a pseudo-celebrity on twitter?

Man. That's just ridiculous.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

No one likes a tattletale. Except, of course, this guy.

[​IMG]

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

If their purpose is to stop cyber-bullying, then I'd say quite a bit.

The point is to communicate the message to trollworld that there can be very real and severe consequences for this shit. Some trolls would shut up in a hurry once they start hearing about folks getting disgraced and fired for doing the same shit they do.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Having bad credit may not be a reflection of your work ethic, but it may reflect that you are a dum-dum.

Draft saved Draft deleted