1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bully Gets Beatdown

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr7134, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

That was her friend getting his ASS kicked. But I'm thinking, what kind of friend would post such an ass kicking on the internet?

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Why were there so many kids there? My neighborhood was not like that.

My favorite was the part where he said "I'm not taking this shit anymore." And then popped him right in the mouth and walked away.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

I think this song is appropriate for the kid who gave the bully the beat down.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

In middle school I got in fights with bullies at least five times with punches thrown -- once in the middle of the crowded cafeteria -- and never even got sent to the office.

I just hate seeing assholes pick on other kids.

5. KG

KG Active Member

When I was in middle school, I used to have high school girls wanting to fight me.

One day, when I was a freshman I kind of snapped, because this senior was trying to use something she had no business even speaking of against me. I was yelling back at this senior girl, saying some stuff like "C'mon bitch, you wanna do this? Let's go, right fucking now!" I felt like I was on fire. I'd even lost peripheral vision. I was only seeing and hearing her as she stood in front of me. My coach came out in the hall and pulled me into the classroom by the hood of my hoodie. If he hadn't, and we had started physically fighting, I don't know what would have stopped me from really going crazy on her.

After that, and for the rest of my school years, everyone thought I was some kind of bad ass that would totally stomp someone's ass for messing with me, yet I'd never even thrown a punch. I just stood up to a bully that was much older than me.

Of course later I realized what pussies these bully girls were to have to go down to a middle school level to find someone to pick on that they didn't think could kick their ass.

6. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Reminds me of myself in fourth grade.

Fifth-grade bully terrorized multiple people every day at school ... everyone avoided him on the playground, etc. I came home multiple times crying because of him, as did many of my nerdy friends.

One day, my brother -- four years my elder -- goes to the bully's house, outside which he is playing basketball. My brother tells the bully that his younger brother (me) is going to kick his ass the next day at school.

On the bus the next day, I get on before him. I'm sitting there, trying to avoid eye contact. He walks up and relays what my brother said.

Without thinking, I said "Maybe I will," stood up, threw him into the seat behind and whaled on him Ralphie-style as the bus whooped.

I don't condone fighting, but that little fifth-grade prick deserved all my pudgy fourth-grade self gave him.

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

The immature, small-timey girls in the video don't do anything but egg-on the fight.
    The whole scene was sad to watch.
    Kids today need more outlets, more options.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Murphy would have handled it..

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Oh, you fucking know it. :D

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I agree with this. I think I was too much of a pussy growing up. I didn't want to fight, period. If it meant getting picked on, I just bit my lip and took it.

I want my sons to never be the aggressor, never ever ever be a bully, but never put up with any shit he shouldn't have to put up with either. It's a fine line to walk.

My father tried to teach that to me, but I just wasn't wired that way. I got suspended once because a kid sitting behind me took his calculator and whacked me in the back of the head with the corner of it. I stood up, cleared off his desk with a swoop of my arm and called him a bunch of names at the top of my lungs in the middle of class.

My dad said "You should've broke his nose if you were going to get suspended either way." He was right.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

While it's great to see one bully get his comeuppance, we should remember that many times, the bullied kid ends up having to take it, because he physically would get the crap beat out of him if he stood up. That kid was me.

Until one day, when (and I told this story once before on SJ), I was tired of this one kid punching me every day in 10th-grade homeroom when he walked by me. He was much bigger and stronger than me, so I knew I'd get my ass kicked if I tried to hit him back.

But I was so sick of getting hit (the homeroom teacher was always out in the hallway monitoring the other kids), that one day, I brought the biggest knife from our kitchen into school. When Bullyboy walked by, he looked like he was ready to hit me. I told him, "Try to hit me. I'll chop your arm off." He said something sarcastic, and walked right by me.

I've often wondered what would have happened in my life if things turned out differently. I never got in trouble for bringing the knife to school, and if the bully had tried something, life would have been a lot different for both of us.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Baron I got stabbed in my hand breaking up a fight in junior high school from two girls, one of whom was my friend. I wouldn't have gotten hurt if (1) I didn't interfere. (2) The girl hadn't brought the knife.
    A lot of innocent kids get hurt from people bringing weapons to school for protection.

Draft saved Draft deleted