1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bullwinkle Turns 50! Hokey Smoke!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Nov 19, 2009.

1. writestuff1

writestuff1 Member

Among the many reasons "My Name is Earl" was a great show: the episode there Randy asked the Russian woman to say, "moose and squirrel." That show lost it's way when they put Earl in prison, but it bounced back. It should still be on the air, especially considering the almost nonexistent sitcom quality these days.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The subtle (and not so subtle) things they did went right over the heads of most kids that watched (sure went over mine at the time).

The Kerwood Derby, for example.

And while most people know of Boris Badenov, how many know that there was a Boris Godunov (Russia's first non-Rurikid tsar --- 1598 to 1605)?

3. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

When I was in college I took a comedy writing class and had to write a long paper on some topic related to comedy. I decided to write about the adult-humor in cartoons.

Part of my "research" was watching about a dozen episodes of Rockey and Bullwinkle. Loved that show.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

PRESTO!

Draft saved Draft deleted