1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Bull Durham" sequel!?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No, no, no!

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10062008/gossip/pagesix/twin_bill_132345.htm

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm with you there, Inky. Sounds like a truly horrible idea.

First Costner ruins a baseball book that I love (For Love of the Game) and now he wants to ruin one of my favorite movies with a ridiculous sequel. I'm really starting to hate that guy.

Leave it the fuck alone!

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Isn't it a little late for a sequel?

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Wait ... Annie and NUKE get married??? Come on, I know they're married in real life, but the original left little doubt Annie and Crash were made for each other, not Nuke and Annie.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's OK. I've procured the script.

In it, Crash leads the MLB team (yet to be determined, but surely a down-trodden club that hasn't won a title in say 100 years) to a World Series berth. Just before Game 7, Annie and Crash can no longer control their urges and do it on the manager's clubhouse desk. This clears Crash's mind and he's able to win the title by having an aging, journeyman catcher lay down a suicide squeeze bunt with two outs for the win.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Slap Shot 2
    Caddyshack 2

... in other words, don't do it Hollywood!

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Ugh, this is a bad idea.

8. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

They own a Major League team that he manages?

I could maybe swallow Annie and Crash having a son who's about to start playing in the bush leagues, but are Shelton and Costner really this desperate?

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

As long as Jackie Mason isn't in it...

10. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Working title: Bull Shit

11. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Didn't someone at ESPN or SI.com write a recent column, catching up with the characters? I never cared for the movie, but I thought the column was amusing.

Can't say I'm surprised by this. Creativity is dead. They've churned out book sequels to just about everything, including classics like "Casablanca" (I read that one. Ugh.) and continued classics without the original authors, like the Godfather. Sad indeed.

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

hey, would you rather the guy do a sequel to "water world?"

Draft saved Draft deleted