1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bulgarian Bus Blast

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Jul 18, 2012.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/18/bulgaria-bus-blast_n_1683516.html

I'd say Iran wouldn't be that stupid given the reported build-up of a planned attack by Israel - but you never know.
    I just find it odd. The suicide bomber was just hanging around waiting for an arrival from Tel Aviv and followed a tourist group to their bus?

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

From the thread title, I was expecting NSFW or a Beano ad. Hadn't heard about it, yet. Israel thumping harder on the war drums. Wonder how long they can be restrained...

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Why should they be?

4. dpfunk78

dpfunk78 Guest

To prevent WWIII

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Israel has a problem trying to mount an attack on Iran, a buddy of mine stationed in the ME has explained to me.

It needs clearance from somebody to cross the airspace if the attack is mounted by aircraft. I guess they could go through Syria and then Iraq, but even then they risk somebody alerting the Iranians an attack is on the way. Saudi Arabia won't give clearance, neither will Jordan or Turkey - even though all three probably want Israel to strike.

Plus, the aircraft on the mission would need mid-air refueling at some point. That means parking tankers in the sky over unstable nations who might have a SAM crew decide to take a potshot at them.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Of course the terrorists could prevent WWIII by simply ceasing to blow things and people up.

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Stunned that this is getting little coverage. Stunned, I tell you.

Draft saved Draft deleted