1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buillsh$T or Not: JFK's dark affair with 19-year-old intern

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Feb 6, 2012.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

IMHO, its not about rape. No one said it was.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

But, you know, dark.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

He taught her how to scramble eggs.

The most shocking revelation.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What happened to the tried and true "titillating".

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Too long to fit a headline.

'Hot' or 'steamy' would seem to do the SEO trick.

6. I'm not a woman and I certainly wasn't even thought of when Kennedy was in office (moms was 9 when he was assassinated), but this is CREEPY, regardless if it's John Kennedy or John Jones. Many older, powerful men wield their power over young impressionable women on a regular basis, and it's wrong every time, highly revered president or not, if, of course, this is true.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

At the same time, the direction of this country would be phenomenally different, and not in a good way, if this gotcha game of sexual infidelity had been considered a disqualifier for office since 1787.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Harding's Love Child" would make a reasonable name for a garage band. As would "Sally Hemming's Boyfriend."

9. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

That would be a great double bill.

10. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I don't care about the sexual life of anyone. That being said, if the story is true, I don't think that is how a leader is supposed act.

It is well documented that he was a skin hound but banging a 19 year old intern after giving her a few drinks is the act of a scumball. I am not so much hung up on her age as the fact that she was a subordinate.

I have never been a big Camelot guy so it is not like this besmirches his rep for me, just shows that he was a douche.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Awesome.

That's stupid. Fuck off! :D

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Bob - you need to get out more. "Scambled eggs" is not what you think.

Draft saved Draft deleted