1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buillsh$T or Not: JFK's dark affair with 19-year-old intern

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Feb 6, 2012.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Jeez ... did you have the Patriots and the over yesterday?
    And all the "fucking old people" who came before you more or less built the kind of country where you can spout off profanely and in vulgar language like this in public without any consequences.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

All the "fucking old people" he is talking about who endlessly debate this shit pretty much did not build our country.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It is a good glimpse into the times that beating a man to death would be seen as less of a failing than reading Karl Marx.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's part of history. Should we not care about history?

It's just another validation that Camelot was not all it was cracked up to be.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Especially if you were Teddy.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The Arthur legends, and the stories of Camelot, pivot on infidelity.

7. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Galahad would thank you to quit talking smack about his parents.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I love how males pretend to know what its like to be in the shoes of a female, a female in the early 60's no less.

Sure if that was your mom, she was just making "an adult decision."

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It just seems like she was performing a valuable function for the nation. By all accounts it seems like Kennedy could not function without frequent deposits. It seemed like sex to JFK was nothing more than a bodily function.

10. Hey man, I watched Mad Men!

11. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

This will do no good, but it's worth having it on the record.

The Kennedy men were all hounds. I assume my conservative friends who find that unforgiveable apply the same standard to their own pols.

For me, a man's sexual misbehavior, assuming it falls short of criminal, would be much more relevant if I were considering introducing him to one of my nieces than voting for him.

YF, your quarterback parallel forces me to point out that jocks across the country get laid that way every day, without offering the girl a meal or a safe ride home afterward. The problem with the Kennedys wasn't that they were an aberration. It's that they were so securely within the bell curve, as every one of you knows, the pearl-clutching notwithstanding.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If this story is true, it's apparent they plied her with strong drink. But he did aks if she was okay, and she did reply, "yes."
    Not making excuses because the incident (again, if true) is immoral on several levels. But I don't think it comes close to rape.

Draft saved Draft deleted