1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Building blows up in Manhattan

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PeteyPirate, Jul 10, 2006.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

well, it's kind of uncommon. i mean it's not like this happens every day.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

In the realm of explosions leveling buildings, it's not uncommon for an ignited gas leak to be the reason.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If there was a leak reported last week and it wasn't fixed, Con Ed might be sued out of business. Or, more likely, utility rates for Con Ed customers are about to go way up to way for the out of court settlement.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I just heard ... suicide attempt?

Hell of an elaborate wat to off yourself ... blow yourself up in a 4-story building.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Well I don't think his plan was the explosion. I think the plan was death by gas poisoning.

The explosion was a bonus.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

They said they've taken one person to the hospital after pulling him out. So if the doctor was trying to commit suicide, he was unsuccessful.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Why do you hate America?

Aren't all explosions the result of 'errorism?

8. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

The doctor apparently called 911 on his cell phone and talked the firefighters to his position.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Would it be insensitive to put the doctor into the sj novel?

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I think we'll need him if this thing is going to sell.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I think it would be remiss not to include him...

After all, by the time the other tenants sue his ass for blowing up the building, he'll have nothing else left but the spot in the novel

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So this guy tries to commit suicide by blowing himself up in a building his wife was going to get in a divorce proceeding then he calls the fire department to come get him when the explosion doesn't kill him?

Hell yes that should be the SportsJournalists.com novel. You can't make that shit up.

Draft saved Draft deleted