1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buh-bye, Keith

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jul 8, 2015.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Howard Cosell does billiards. Say what you want, but this was the second-most watched item on WWOS in 1978. An Ali fight was first. Even if you don't like pool it's worth the hour.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Cosell was a fucking embarrassment.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

I enjoyed KO's show when it first aired, when it was an hour at 11 pm. Going to 30 minutes in the afternoon, and then leaving in filler junk like the worst persons in the sports world, made the show very easy to skip. While he has a great mind and many fine skills, I don't think interviewing is one of them.

I do actually think he's someone that could do quite well (in terms of a large audience) with an hour-long podcast a few days a week. He could have his friends on to talk about whatever and he could rail against the NFL and everything else without anyone telling him to tone it down.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I didn't watch the show a lot, but seemed to me like most of his guests were just buddies of his like Tony Bruno. Or someone plugging a book or whatever. he had Mookie Wilson on to plug one, and he spent almost the whole interview talking about how he had been a pool photographer and shot Mets team photos in Mookie's rookie year. I love Mookie, but it was terrible. But Keith was quite proud of himself.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I was too young to appreciate Cosell, but I can tell you every kid in my school could imitate him.

Draft saved Draft deleted