1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buh . . . but . . . I thought Michael Moore didn't care about profits!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Feb 10, 2011.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I kissed Webby on the cheek.

Why do you ask?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Even though with WORP, a word is only worth .7 of a word, Ragu still leads the league.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I think I've posted this before, but people need to stop viewing Michael Moore as some political organizer or leader of the left-wingers.

He's an entertainer, and like many entertainers, there are plenty of private squabbles over money. Looks like Piotr's link is another one of these.

I will agree with those who argue he's lost his touch as an filmmaker -- and believe me, I'm the definition of his target audience.

"Roger and Me" and "Bowling for Columbine" were entertaining movies, even as they had sober messages about corporate greed and media fear-mongering, respectively.

With "Fahrenheit 911," he seemed to switch from examining issues in a unique and funny way into preaching to the choir. And that's been true ever since.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

They even have a special Twitter for Ragu. Maximum 5,000 characters.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Well somebody had to take the joke one step too far to the point where it's no longer funny. Unfortunately, I took the even odds on forever_town.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted