1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buffett to GOP: Put up or shut up

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 12, 2012.

1. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Their argument was that you couldn't increase taxes on the wealthy because it would strangle business development. Buffet's criticism was to that point. Instead of staying on point, they deflected from that point with the bullshit comeback.

2. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

You realize those who have more, spend more...right? The wealthy aren't living off Ramen and crackers. And if you'll read my post (EBT, etc) you'll see the simple solutions to this.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Your "solution" would net the government about 11 cents.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

But it would take some of the fat out of the hides of the Welfare Queens!! Skin In The Game!!

Ever since Uncle Ronnie told us all those stories about those big fat mamas driving around in their Cadillacs, buying vodka off their food stamps, this has always bothered me!! I heard people talking on teevee about it like 10 minutes ago!!! Time we did something about it!!

5. BrianGriffin

If that is uttered in response to a legitimate criticism of legal abortions. If somebody responds to an argument about when life begins with "If you don't like abortion, don't have one," then yes, it's an arrogant response.

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

OK. In both cases it's a rhetorical response, not a real argument. I'd hope that those who utter it engage the conversation at another time, but I agree that it's a weak response.

Maybe McConnel can offer to not have 3 abortions for everyone that Buffet doesn't have.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

What America really needs is a sales tax on the lottery tickets poor children buy when they bootleg those TANF cards on the gray market for their folks' flavored vodka and late-model Cadillacs.

8. BrianGriffin

Did Buffet suggest that McConnell have a baby?

That would be family friendly of him.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Wait, if Warren Buffett is Rex Ryan, does that mean Buffett is really into feet, and has a twin brother with long, stringy gray hair?

10. BrianGriffin

His brother, Jimmy, does have stringy, somewhat long, gray hair, yes.

I'm researching to see if Buffett's dad ever took a swing at Gilbride.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If the solution to all our economic woes is to read young'un's posts, I'll pass.

Let them eat Ramen!

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

How does Buffett convert his lottery vodka money into Cadillac money? That's the answer.

Draft saved Draft deleted