1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buffalo's got a prayer against Pitt

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cousin Jeffrey, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Active Member

And then he passed the torch to Randall Secky... Oh were those trying times.
  3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

nice story.

I think Turner Gill may have more to do with whether Buffalo has a chance than Father Joe, however.
  4. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I would say Wanny, and his general incompetence, has the most impact.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If Wannstedt loses tomorrow and isn't fired immediately you'll never hear another Wlat joke from me again. Actually, you'll never hear anything Pitt related from me again because I will abandon that school until October when basketball season starts.
  6. pseudo

pseudo Active Member

Winner! As a lifelong Pitt hater, I was mightily pleased to see the 'Stache hired there.

Madhavok (and any other lurking UB fans), the game's supposed to be on ESPN GamePlan/360. Also streamed online by new flagship station WECK. (That link will take you directly to the webcast.)
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So, if they show the Bulls' OL a lot on TV, will the beef will be on WECK?

Oy that was awful.
  8. pseudo

pseudo Active Member

Even worse: tossing ideas around with their new sports director a couple of months ago, I mentioned that since <other sportstalker in town> had the "Whiner Line," he could do something similar and call it "Beef on WECK."

Obviously (and thankfully), didn't happen.
Draft saved Draft deleted